Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

It has been such a nice holiday.  I know that my Minnesota family is back to school today.  In some respects, I'd be just fine with that.  But I'm thankful for a few more days of relaxation, honestly.  I feel like I have gotten so much accomplished.  I have had a few days of cheerleading and have some work to do with that, but otherwise I have done only what I have set out to do.  

Christmas Eve was spent at the Collard's house for dinner.  This picture generated a lot of "likes" on facebook.  I think it is a sweet picture of the two.  Maddie's eyes are what catches everyone!!
We got Morgan home the Saturday before Christmas.  She had the time of her life in San Diego at the BYU bowl game.  They rode buses down to San Diego.  BYU was losing most of the game 3-6 against San Diego State until the 4th quarter when BYU scored 2 defensive touchdowns in 17 seconds.  Morgan loves football and loves BYU, so it was a very exciting game for her.  I'm so glad she had that experience.
 Dinnertime for Rozzie and Maddie:
After dinner, we popped over to another Smith house for a bonfire.  All these girls have grown up together and it is fun to see them gather together.
 Then we were back to the Collard's for singing and card tricks.  You can seen Roger in the back with his uke, Scott (McCall's fiance) with the guitar, and Scott's two girls doing a card trick with Maddie.
 It is always interesting to look through the pictures after Rozzie had gotten hold of the camera.
When we got home, there were a few boys at the door waiting for Rozzie and Maddie.  These were Morgan's presents for them.  Maddie is standing with Harry and Rozzie has Niall.  These are 2 of the boys from One Direction.  They were really excited.  We have pictures of "the boys" around the house, doing dishes, etc.
 So this is the official "Merry Christmas" picture from Christmas Day as we headed off to see "Les Miserables".  Which was wonderful and I cried the whole time.  Rozzie would look over at me and look at me with the look, "Seriously, Mom.  Again?"  But we enjoyed ourselves.
And last, but not least, a New Year's Day lunch at Cheesecake factory.  Happy New Year and a prosperous 2013 to all.


2 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

Everyone looks happy and healthy and cute (even Travis!). Happy new year to you too!

Jen said...

So glad you had the whole family together for the holidays. Can you believe there will be a time (soon) when that won't be the case? It looks like you had a warm, busy, and enjoyable Christmas. You see, Florida is Christmas to me because growing up we went there for every single Christmas until I married Mike. Sniff, sniff.