Thursday, December 13, 2012

Katie's Wedding

It is far past time for me to write about Katie's wedding!!  It was a great day and I'm SO glad that Travis and I were able to be in Utah for the festivities.  Rozzie will remind everyone that she didn't get to go.  I wish things were different, but she is right.  Maddie and Rozzie stayed behind.  

Katie and Christian were married on a sunny Tuesday morning.  Morgan and cousins hung out outside the temple and found things to interest them.  Morgan was in charge of my camera.  She took many pictures.  This is one of them:
It was really fun to spend time with Morgan!
Sara continually tried to steal the spotlight!!

Morgan and Hayley entertained themselves.

Finally, the happy couple emerged from the temple, not only married to each other, but sealed for eternity!  (That is why we try to choose well!!)  They both were just giddy with happiness and were so pleased to be married.  Katie looked absolutely beautiful.  The temple grounds were planted with pansies everywhere which matched the wedding colors.  It couldn't have been planned any better.  Throughout the day, we noticed that they were covering the flowerbeds for the winter, so Katie got married just in time!!

In addition to the wedding, there were other highlights.  Seeing some of our Pelton cousins was definitely a close second.  I have seen Marilyn and Amy a few times here and there, but have not seen Devon since...before I was married?  Maybe?  It brought tears to my eyes.  Sara, Bryan, Devon, and I spent our summers together in California during our growing up years and we were the best of friends.  This was a very special time and I just LOVED sitting and talking with Devon.  Amy and Marilyn are as beautiful as ever.  This is a very special picture to me (I'm sure it is for Sara, too).
Jenni, Devon, Marilyn, Amy, & Sara
It was also a treat to see Aunt Marylee there, too.  (I know I always say this, but I have such wonderful memories of my summers in California.  My grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins made that a treasured experience.)
Morgan, Jenni, Marylee, Dad, Devon, Amy, Sara, Marilyn
Luckily, Mike allowed Jenny to come out and party is up with us.  It was lots of fun to have her there.  I loved her dress with the yellow accents!
Other highlights of the night were seeing Katie dance with her dad to a Beatles song - how appropriate.  It made me cry.  Katie is the first grandchild on my family's side.  Sara, Jim, and Katie lived with us in our downtown Denver apartment for about a month.  She would get so excited when I came home from work and school.  She would meet me out in the hallway.  She would bring me my shoes.  Often. I cried when they moved out.  I have a video of her when she was about 7 and we were roasting hot dogs on the 4th of July.  Someone called them "hot dogs" and Katie corrected them, "They WIENERS!"  We always laugh at that.  I love you, Katie and wish you the best in your new role as a wife.  And we all think you have the cutest name!!

2 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

I'm so glad you and Travis traveled all the way out from Florida to see my baby get married.

So I'm a spotlight stealer. I am what I am! You all needed entertaining until the real act came out.

Wasn't it nice to see the extended family? I wish I had spent more time sitting and talking with the cousins rather than standing in line shaking hands with people I didn't know. I too have wonderful memories of those summers in Cali.

That's a great story about Katie! I'm glad you have it on video.

I cried when we moved from Denver too. That was hard to leave when we had been having such a good time together.

Jen said...

I'm so glad we could all spend time together again. We had so many laughs and good times. Everyone looked so gorgeous all dressed up, even though I had to wear the same dress to all three events.