Saturday, March 17, 2012

Top o' the Mornin' to You!!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!! I should be including a picture of our cat Patrick here. It is his birthday. He is such a nice cat and we are so happy to have him around. He is easy to get along with and is nonjudgmental. He doesn't mind other cats. He is always willing to sit still for a petting. What a good cat. (Licky is the opposite of everything I just mentioned - especially judgmental.)

Last night, Rozzie had some friends over and we made Shamrock Shakes - just like McDonald's. It was pretty good, actually. This was a new experience for the girl in the foreground who is from Taiwan. She moved her to live with her dad's cousin's family to go to school. I don't know why. So she is in our ward and is Rozzie's age. Rozzie and Hannah have done a great job at helping her feel included.
It is interesting to listen to all of them together. Rebecca doesn't understand a lot of their jokes and she isn't shy to ask. Roz, Morgan, and Maddie have a joke about "rash ointment". When Morgan would see Rozzie at school, she'd yell out, "Hey Rozzie, don't forget your rash ointment you forgot in my car!" They do it to each other. Last night, I picked up Maddie's eczema prescription on the counter and said (without thinking), "Maddie, don't forget your rash ointment that is here in the kitchen." This time, I literally meant that there was actual rash ointment. Rebecca didn't understand what a rash was and why it was funny. They just explained it to her. They watched funny youtube videos and had a great time. I like Rebecca's Facebook posts - they are in Chinese characters and I don't understand that!!!

As promised - here is a picture of Rozzie at her Nationals competition. Many of you have seen this on Facebook, but I thought I'd put it here for the non-users. This picture is the exact opposite of her personality. Many people just ask who it is.
This is the team as they finished the dance. I really like this shot.
Yesterday, I got to work at 6:45 for my teacher planning day. I had about 4-5 hours of work to do. I was really looking forward to it, too. It would be nice to get this stuff done. Third quarter is over and there isn't much left of the school year. What a blessing!!

At about 7:45, Travis called to say they had been in an accident. I called the assistant principal, but she was off to Europe, so I told her secretary the problem and the other AP was sitting right there and he said to just go. I was told later that they didn't want to see any paperwork, to that is a real bonus!!

According the the witness, the lady driving this car was going about 45 mph and drive right into the next car. There is speculation that she was on her phone. She was unable to get out of the car on her own. She was transported with injuries to the hospital via ambulance. You see the bumper of the car she hit embedded in her front bumper. You also see the back window of the car she hit embedded in her windshield.
This is the car she hit. It was a car sandwich. There isn't much left other than his speakers in the back. The car ends at the wheels. He was also unable to get out the car on his own and was transported, with injuries to the hospital via ambulance.
Travis' car isn't too bad. It is hard to see, but the outer shell of the car is buckled above the tire. It is a little more than just a fender-bender, even though it doesn't look so bad from here. He was definitely fortunate that the middle-man wasn't following closely. Travis and his carpool buddy, Jack, were fine.
I took them over to Urgent Care, just in case. It just makes for a lost day. Now we have to wait and see what insurance says about the car. We might get insurance back on Morgan's car so that Travis has something to drive in the meantime. What an inconvenience!!

Now for Spring Break!!

5 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

First of all, I am glad that Travis was not hurt. The inconvenience of no car is irritating too.

That is a cool pic of the dance team jumping!

I'll have to start mentioning rash ointment to Paul all the time.

Dennis said...

I am so glad Travis is ok. I drive a lot during the day and see people texting all the time. Talking on the phone while driving is bad enough but texting is inexcusible.
I love that picture of Rozzie.

Laura Copeland said...

Wow! How scary to get a call like that! So great that Travis and his friend are okay. Seriously, you see accidents or near accidents every day and realize how important it is to be aware of your surroundings at all times. You can be doing everything you are supposed to, then you are still at the mercy of others.

Jen said...

Wow, how lucky for Travis that he and his friend weren't injured. I hope he'll be able to get his car fixed, too.

Happy birthday to Patrick! I'm glad he's turned out to be a good kitty for your family.

The pictures of Rozzie dancing are awesome. Yes, I can't imagine Roz being so jungle-like. I really like that the 2nd picture caught all the girls in mid-air. Awesome!

I always find people who don't get my humor to be funny. Just trying to make them understand is humorous in itself. I laughed about your rash comment to Maddie though.

TeamCar said...

When it rains it pours. I will never forget the accident Trav and I were in when I was about 14, and still in Minnesota. Talk about nerve wracking and annoying. Glad all is well.

Great pic of Roz!!

We have a joke "Don't sneeze and fall into a trash can!!" A friend of mine came to stay over the weekend. The girls were up chatting with her, and Claire was like "oh hey, I heard something, like someone sneezed and fell into a trashcan". Talk about wild laughter... Love those times!!!

Sweet that the girls are making the new girl feel so welcome. I would imagine going to a new country that is SO incredibly different from your own, that it would be hard to feel welcome.

Have a wonderful Spring Break!