Friday, December 16, 2011

We have a couple bruised bumpers...

Two accidents in one week.

Rozzie and friends were on their way to Chik-fil-A last week after school and were in a 4-car crash. Two cars were a complete loss. Two had little fender-benders. All students were ok. That was a crazy afternoon.

This morning, Travis' car-pool hit a kid who was driving to school without his lights on. All were fine.

In addition, 0ne of my cheerleaders was in a big accident and her SUV is all crumpled up. She, her sister, and the other driver are all fine.

I hope that by the rule of threes, this theme has run its course.

Last weekend, Maddie's dance group performed at a Winter Festival in our area. Maddie loves this Tap routine to Michael Jackson's "Beat It". The red jacket is mighty impressive.
The group did a little Christmas dance which included a kick line. I just want to point out that Maddie is second to tallest girl in the group. Conversely, when I was on the dance line, I was always 2nd or 3rd from the end and was officially grouped with the "Shorties".

I thought you all might want to see a picture of Travis, Morgan, and Patrick. This cat LOVES to be held. He is very much like a baby or a puppy. He always looks like he is the most comfortable being on the planet. By the way, Morgan comes home tomorrow!!

Last night was Maddie's band concert. It was rather nice. I enjoyed the Chipmunk's song. Maddie played the kazoo for that song. She looked rather dapper in her uniform.

She didn't want to have a picture of her back, but I took one anyway so we could all see the back of this impressive ensemble. However, don't be fooled, her school is not the "Ougars", but the "Cougars".

School ended today, and not a moment too soon. I am so happy for this break. I cannot believe how quickly this year is moving along.


Anyway, that is all I have right now.

5 comments:

Jake and Steph said...

We, too, have had an accident. Kayla totalled her car last week. She had her botfriend in the car, but both were OK. She didn't hit anybody else, just managed to total the car on her own. She was pretty shaken up (for about 18 hours).

I can't really wrap my mind around the Winter Performance in "short shorts". I should not really complain too much, it's been a mild winter so far, just waiting for that door to slam shut. It hasn't been like the Christmas Travis likes to recall when the two of you were first married & came back to MN. Trav took me & Mike to Ridgedale (parking was an issue). All I recall Travis saying was that he "had never been that cold in his entire life".

Enjoy Christmas with Morg coming home.

Jake

Shoebox Princess said...

You're lucky school's out! Friday the 23rd is our first day off.

I hope all the bumpers are ok. Scary to hear of all these accidents.

Cute dancy pictures and band pictures. And we love the cat (oh and Travis too)

Dennis said...

All this dancing, I don't know how you keep up.
No more accidents please. If you are going to hit something hit it on purpose not by accident.

Jen said...

I'm so relieved to hear that everyone is all right! That's scary stuff and my biggest worry for my children when/if they ever drive. Even though I am counting down to the time when Annie can start driving to school and take the other two with her (only 6 years, 8 months, and 4 days to go).

I can't believe Maddie is one of the tall girls in her group. I was like you and was either the shortest or next shortest. I'm sure my girls will be in the same boat.

Ha, that cat certainly does look comfy in Travis' lap. Lilly is like that. I can remember when we lived in our house in MN and carrying Lilly around like a baby while I did the cleaning. She was completely spoiled.

TeamCar said...

Glad all is well. Nothing fun about accidents. Love you guys!!! When does Morgan have to be back at BYU?