Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Competition Season Begins!!

Football season ended sadly in overtime. We were winning the whole game and then lost in OT. Very much sadness. But, the day before the very sad loss, we celebrated Thanksgiving. Maddie and I are into these cute cupcakes and so for the Thanksgiving table, we made corn!! They are covered in jelly bellies. The corn husks are phylo (sp?) dough. After dinner, everyone was very interested in the phylo dough and ate that!! I think the cupcakes turned out very cute!!

Lani, Roger, Clint, and McCall came over for dinner. How very odd to be missing Morgan. She was having a blast up in Idaho Falls with some friends. She even got in a dinner with Aunt Karen, Savana, Paetan, and Journey. Look how these girls have all grown up!! Sadly, there are no pictures of me...

Ah, here is a picture of me. See what you were missing? Anyhow, my cheerleaders had their first competition this weekend. They hit all their stunts perfectly in practice and warm-ups, and then they dropped them in competition. SO FRUSTRATING!!! We didn't lose...we came in 5 out of 6. It really is good for them. We are putting them right back out on the floor next weekend, so they can, hopefully, redeem themselves. Anyway, this is before the catastrophe - my choreographer/coach, Cortnee, whom I couldn't do without!!
Here we all are at our hotel, going off to lunch in our fabulous new t-shirts.

We really had a good weekend. One of the dads is a pilot and so he booked our hotel. We stayed at the Westin by the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando. The hotel upgraded Cortnee and me to a 2-bedroom suite with a kitchen!! It was just perfect for everyone to gather. We went to eat at Cafe Tu Tu Tango which serves everything appetizer style!! It was delicious and fun. They have belly dancers and artists for entertainment. It was nice to get the girls away from school and get to know them better. They were very well behaved (thank heavens).


Competition season for Rozzie starts in January, and February for Maddie. I guess it will just stay busy around here.


The cats are good. Travis was in Toronto last week and he loves that. He then had to hold down the fort while I was out of town on business. That has never happened before!! And....I think that is all for now. I'm "off" today so that I can work on a school assignment. I won't bore you with the details, but let's just say there are some very frustrated and angry teachers over this class we are taking.

4 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

word ver: indepoo (where you don't want your child to play)

Sorry to hear about the catastrophe. How long will cheer tournamenting go?
Sounds like you have a busy winter ahead of you with Roz and Mad too.

I just wrote a letter to Morgan, who I hear will be home soon. Have fun with her back in the fold!

Jake and Steph said...

I've seen phyllo, filo, and even your phylo spelling. I'm partial to the "phyllo" spelling. Why are all your co-workers angry & frustrated? I'm working on assignment right now that makes me angry and frustrated, too. It's basically an assignment that asks for more out of everyone, doesn't specify where we will benchmark success, no time parameters, no budget, etc. i hope your works out well. Frankly, I'm not sure how to gauge if mine will or won't. There is much contradiction. Trying to blast my way through subterfuge & unnecessary politicking. Blah. Glad to hear everyone is doing well.

Jen said...

It's nice that you and Lani's family are able to make your own "family" traditions together for the holidays. We hope to finally have you in our neck of the woods for Thanksgiving again soon. You are one busy lady! Good luck!

Laura Copeland said...

I finally got to see blogs which I have missed lately with so much going on. I remember those overnight trips as a sponsor. You always just count your blessings when you get kids who obey the rules. I know you are so excited to see Morgan when she comes home. We will be gone to Utah, so tell her a big "Hi" and we send our love from the Copelands.