Monday, June 6, 2011

I Hope She Had the Time of Her Life...

Congratulations, Morgan!! Class of 2011 - Fleming Island High School
We have come to this point in our lives where we have a graduate. Morgan has been so excited about this (as all graduates are) and she was thrilled to be done with school. (I keep wanting to ask her what she has due.) It was nice to be with the seniors as they readied themselves for the occasion. The kids take a lot of pictures with friends and favorite teachers. I am usually posing with students, but this year I followed Morgan around and took pictures of her. Here she is with her very number one teacher, Ms. Jenkins, and a few of her very bestest friends.

This picture speaks for itself:


It was a hot night. Here come the teachers!!

I had set up chairs early in the day for Travis and Annette. They were pretty close! Here is me being very excited for the upcoming transaction. I was continually misty eyed and excited.

Then the moment came when I was able to accompany her to the podium. I had tears in my eyes and so did Morgan. I think she was rather excited to have this moment with me (and I, her). I have been so excited about this for 4 years, when I found out that our school allows us to give our children their diplomas.

And here it is. The transaction, itself. I didn't fall down the stairs, either. It was a very sweet moment. She was smiling and was so happy to have gotten to this point.

Pictured: Maddie, Annette, Rozzie, Morgan, Travis, Jenni, Sara, Mom.

Pictures with friends and family: Sarah, Hannah, Morgan, Rozzie, Maddie, & AJ.


Here is McCall. Her grandma is from Hawaii so she makes leis for the kids. Morgan got one, but it was covered up by cap in this picture.

Now, a note on the National Honor Society stoles - the thick, yellow neckbands. The sponsor of NHS didn't order enough stoles and many kids (including the valedictorian) didn't get one. Kids were really mad!! They were told they would all wear a patch instead. The kids rebelled and wore their stoles anyway. The patch was crudely affixed with safety pins to their arms. Sadly, the patch was white as was the girls gowns so they were basically invisible. Morgan refused to take her stole off as she walked in. This infuriated Mrs. Malicki and she started ripping the stoles off the kids. Isn't that a nice way to treat your honor students? The kids were horrified. She punished the kids for her error.


We had a busy weekend of party preparations and party attendance. Then it was time for our party!! Our first arrival was Andrea - my cousin - from California. She was on vacation with her family on the east coast and were driving through on their way to Universal Studios and Harry Potter World!! What a treat to have her here!

Sara helped me build the cake. I think we did a fantastic job and it was delicious!! This is Morgan's "shrine". I made her two quilts out of all her tshirts. There should have only been one quilt, but the quilters couldn't quilt it that way - it is a long explanation. Just so you know, they are amazing!! She won't be cold out in Utah, for sure.






The foods!! We made different salads, meatballs, chips/dip, fruit, and Travis was outside making funnel cakes! It was so good, and we have a lot left over.

These are the three graduates from our ward: McCall, Morgan, & Joanna.

The house was packed with people. Cars were parked up and down the street. The chairs were all full. People sat outside, even though it was hot. A neighbor made a video for Morgan and we watched it a few times. It was a tear jerker!! Morgan mingled. I mingled - which is hard for me to do when having a party. I wish I could just sit and talk with everyone. It also gets confusing to me when I have to monitor food!! We had such a nice time, though.


When it was all over and mostly cleaned up, I had to go in to school and write out quick sub plans for today. I'm glad I took the day off so I could sleep in and enjoy Mom and Sara for just a little longer. A big thanks to them for making the trip.


And now for your daily dose of cute:


Patrick is so naughty. He scratches, bites, and sits on the table. BUT HE IS SO CUTE!! Just look at his cuteness!!

5 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

Congratulations to Morgan! It was such a fun night! I'm glad Mom and I were able to be there both for the actual ceremony and for the party.

I miss Patrick! I looked at my monster beasts this morning and told them they weren't anywhere near as cute as the little baby kitty I got to play with at your house. These two behemoths didn't even TRY to climb up my leg.

Dennis said...

It all looks so fun and memorable. Congratulations to Morgan. I wish I could have been there.

Laura Copeland said...

Seriously, that was one of the nicest graduation/going away parties I've been to for a young graduate. Morgan had to be so pleased! The memories, plus those beautiful quilts, will last a long time out in Utah when she starts to get homesick--as surely she will. Thanks for inviting us. It was really a great event to go to!

Jen said...

Congratulations, Morgan! It's so nice to see you grow up into such a lovely woman. I really wish we could have been there to celebrate, but at least I got to see you not long ago. Hopefully, we'll get to see you again soon. Good luck at BYU! You'll be awesome!

I can't believe how big the kitty has gotten already. He's cute. I'm ready to get rid of our kitties though. I'm tired of cleaning up cat puke daily in the basement. Yuck!

The cake turned out beautifully, and look at all that food! Wowzers!

TeamCar said...

Yowza... I am so amazed that time has flown by so fast. I remember when Morgie was a tiny little thing. Our children were so little. Where did the time go? How cool was that, that you got to give Morgan her diploma!! I am glad Annette was there too!

Again our Congrats to Morgan! Love you guys!!!

Hugs..