Monday, March 21, 2011

Moving Right Through Spring and Straight into Summer

We are on Spring Break and I couldn't be happier. I got up and walked. The weather is still pretty decent for a morning or evening walk. Today I went to lunch with Lisa. Her baby is due any day and she needs a little cheering up, so we went to lunch. Travis, Rozzie and Maddie watched her kids. They packed up a lunch and went to the back park. They had a good time. There are only about three weeks in the spring and fall when parks are any good in Florida, so we made use of it!! They went out on the dock. And afterwards, they cooled off their feet in the pool. Apparently they had a decent time!!
This is my favorite time of the year in Florida. I try to find things that I like. Azaleas are something I like. Last year, two weeks before they were to bloom, Travis took the hedgeclippers to the azaleas and loped all the buds off. I nearly had a heart attack. I actually cried. This year, I reminded him to NOT trim the bushes. They are in full bloom right now and I LOVE IT!! Our pale pink azaleas are pretty. I like the deep colors best, but I go with what the builders planted. Funny thing about our bushes, there is one bush that puts out rogue magenta flowers. It used to be just one branch. But...looky who's peeping through down on the bottom of the bush now!! This bush is a genetic wonder.Last week was Morgan's last Kaleidoscope concert for band. They played the marching music one last time and it brought tears to my eyes. I went up on stage to get this picture because she sits so far back, I can never get good pictures. She told me that I needed to get off stage (it was still 10 minutes before show time). I reminded her that it was ok, I work there. She wasn't amused. A few of her friends asked for pictures, though.

We have a fun filled week planned. The girls got their rooms cleaned, floors cleaned, and laundry done. Now they can have a few fun days. I can't believe how fast the 3rd quarter went. It is usually so slow. Now we just have 10 weeks of school and it will all be over! YAY!!!

2 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

Jim did the same thing with my lilacs one year. I told him not to touch any plant in the yard ever again (except grass) without my permission. I love that one dark flower among the lighter ones! It must be a cousin plant to one of my lilacs, which has purple/white flowers and plain white on the same bush.

I can't believe Morgan is down to her last weeks of high school!

Enjoy the fun days of your break! I have today and tomorrow to work, and then cleaning time! Weather here is rainy so no outdoor fun for us. Boo!

Jen said...

I wish our spring break had been this week because the weather in NC is now bathing suit weather. Oh well, we still had a lot of fun with warm and sunny days. I will say this is the best time of year in the south. I remember when I first moved to SC in April and thinking I LOVED it and never wanted to move from there. EVER! Then June came, and even the dog didn't want to go outside...LOL. The azaleas are so beautiful when they are in bloom. There is so much color everywhere when they are blooming. Love that you got a rogue flower who marches to it own beat (or color).

Wow, how many kids does Lisa have now? I still remember meeting her two little girls at your ward Christmas dinner while you guys were on the cruise when Annie was just a wee thing. They are so old now, but that would make sense since Annie is now 7 years older.