Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Satisfaction of a Finished Project

Morgan and I both had the satisfaction of finishing a knitting project this weekend. Morgan is starting to challenge herself with new and interesting patterns. I made her knit the legs on this pair a little longer, just in case she gets in at BYU - she'll want those longer socks!! We both really like the greens here.
Here is a detail of the pattern. It is a little hard to see, but there is an additional pattern beyond the self striping yarn. She did a great job and is becoming an accomplished knitter. She likes to come to the knitting group at school and help out.
As for me, I finally got around to finishing this sweater!! I got a lot done, then got stalled out over the summer. I kept putting off getting back to it because it takes time to figure out what was going on when I put it down! But I overcame that fear over the Christmas break. I wore the sweater to church today and got a lot of compliments on the nice colors. It is very comfortable, almost like a jacket.
I was nervous about the I-cord finishing, but I persevered and figured it out (not that hard, actually) and am really pleased with the outcome. It gives it a nice, finished look.

Now, on to a new week. I get to tease a student for skipping my class last Friday and going to get a squid tattooed on her forearm. I love facebook.

4 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

Loverly socks and you must be so proud that Morgan knits and likes to do it.

Love your sweater! I haven't ever done an i-cord finish, but I have knitted an i-cord independent of other knitting (it formed the loops for the purple purse I knitted you). Congratulations on finishing and getting awesome results!

Dennis said...

Great socks! I like colorful clothing, and the sweater is really nice.

Tina Johnson said...

Love your sweater! and those socks look so warm and comfy.

Jen said...

Your projects turned out beautifully. I would never guess if I saw someone wearing that sweater that it's handmade. And way to go Morgie for finishing those socks. Thats quite a project to take on.