Monday, January 10, 2011

Keeping You in the Loop

I have not been very good!! Sorry! So, what is new, you ask? My knitting club, that's what. I have thought about starting a knitting group at school but am somewhat shy. (No, really, I am.) Ok, maybe I'm not, but with this kind of thing I sure am. I am no expert Knitress or anything, so I question my ability to teach others. Rather than ruin a group of unsuspecting youths, I opted to make the faculty and staff my guinea pigs. I put out a flyer and invited all new and experienced knitters to come and play. Today was the day. We learned to make a slip knot, cast on, and knit. I had 7 students with more asking if they could come another time. We worked for an hour and they are to practice knitting this week and we will learn to purl next week!! It was pretty exciting. Morgan came the last 15 minutes and helped out. It was a lot of fun and there seems to be a great interest in the craft. We decided to meet next week, everyone seems to want to come back. We plan to meet again next week. I feel satisfied! We had teachers and cafeteria staffers there. If this goes well, next year, I think FIHS will have an official Knitting Club!!

4 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

LIKE! Wish I could come to your knitting class, even though I know how to both knit AND purl (but I need reminding on the kit kitchener stitch). I wear my blue/green anklets with much happiness, btw.

Laura Copeland said...

Jenny, you are always thinking of ways to get people involved and learning. This is a fantastic idea! So few people have any hobbies or ways of showing creativity anymore. I'm so proud of you starting this!

Jen said...

How fun! I want to be a member of your club. I do know how to knit and perl (and cable, too), but my skills need much refining.

TeamCar said...

SO fun! I like that!!

word verification: scorkstr! lol is that my new nickname?