Monday, November 15, 2010

Strong and Courageous

I was released from Young Women's a year ago. I directed the YW program and then I was DONE. Well, with 3 daughters in the program, when the YW president asked if I'd take the reins and direct this one, I had to say yes. I really didn't have the time. No one taught my Sunday School class for me. But I knew it would benefit me and I always like doing it, in the end. So, about 2 months ago, we started to practice here and there and it was in a little bit of a mess. Slowly but surely, it turned around and we had another stellar performance on Sunday. The girls sang powerfully - which they had never done in practice. I was so proud of them. The Laurels decided that everyone would wear black skirts, white tops and red accents because red is a strong color. Lots of red necklaces and flowers in hair.
This program was especially meaningful in that it was Morgan's last YW program and Maddie's first. So all of us were involved. It was a proud moment for Travis and I.

4 comments:

Jen said...

There has never been a YW program in any of the wards I've attended. Now that I'm in YW, I may have just to have get this tradition started. I love the outfits with the red accessories. So clever and beautiful! What a change it will be for you next year with Morgan in Relief Society!

Jenni said...

YIKES! Morgan in RS??? She'll have to move away for that to happen!

I remember YW programs when I was young. I remember thinking that Darcy Sawyer and Angie Holker had perfect hair.

Shoebox Princess said...

All the women look so wonderful, especially with matching outfits!

Is Morgan one of those who is not anxious to leave YW (I know she still has a while)?

Too bad you couldn't record them singing.

Hug my nieces for me!

TeamCar said...

That is so cool! Beautiful Mom and beautiful daughters!