Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thankful Day

I am thankful for a good family, a job (even though I don't want it), a fun childhood, ample food, the Internet, hand knit socks, holiday decorations, kittens, and all the other regular stuff. We had a nice Thanksgiving. We always wish we could have been with the family, but we have such good friends here that help to make up for that void. And we will be with the family for Christmas!! Dave informed me that we will be in Minnesota in 24 days!!

We spent the turkey day watching the Macy's Parade and starting the process of decorating for Christmas. I took down the Thanksgiving decor. Trav went outside and strung lights. The house is 2/3 lit. There was time to read books and pet the kitty.

Then we got down to business and made our part of the Thanksgiving feast: carrot souffle, rolls, and cherry pie. We went to the Collard's at about 3ish. Travis got to carve the foul.
Here is a picture of my delicious pie. Maddie helped. She was very interested in helping with the food this year. I love the look of the leaves all over the top of the pie!!
Me and my dear friend Lani. We get along so great and just have fun together. We seem to understand each other, so this friendship works out.
Here is me with the girlies!! They are all so grown up now. Maddie has her braces on. I guess I have to get a close up of that on here pretty darn soon.
After a little clean up, Roger and Morgan had a little hootenanny. Roger got this mandolin at a pawn shop and Morgan had a good time with Roger's 12-string guitar.
We stayed and talked for while, then came back home around 7:45. Then there was time to work on science fair projects which is the bane of my days. I can't wait to have them turned in. Morgan finished her yoga socks and she is very proud of them. Aren't they nice?
And here is Maddie with her braces. Isn't she cute?
I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving. I'm guessing that only a few people read this - Sara, Mom, Jenny, Dad, Mom & Dad Smith, Kori, Jessie, Audrey, and a few other cousins around there. But, if you are just checking up on me or if you read me regularly, I'm thankful for your influence in my life and am glad to count you as a friend.

5 comments:

TeamCar said...

We love you.. and miss you. Loved the photos and the fun things you always do! We decorate tomorrow. Lots of crazy things going on over the weekend. Will write about that next week.

Lots of hugs to you!

It Just Fitz said...

I love to read your blog. It is so fun keeping up with your adorable family. Your girls are beautiful. I remember when the girls were so little and Missy Pie was just a baby! Oh how time flies!! Happy Holidays to you!

Shoebox Princess said...

Must always make time to pet the kitties.

Yummy pie!

Right back atcha.

Missed you in CA. You would have enjoyed it tremendously. I'm not trying to make you feel guilty, I'm just saying we missed you and the motel room was boring without you.

Mikkyn said...

Just so you know, I read your blog quite often. I love seeing the girls grow up through the pictures and stories. Can wait to see you guys in real life! :)

Jen said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Turkey Day. That pie is gorgeous! I'm so glad for you to have such great friends down in JAX.