Friday, August 7, 2009

Maddie knits a full grown Rabbit!

Maddie took a knitting lesson to learn to knit the right way. She was knitting the left way. She has really enjoyed knitting and has made two scarves, an iPod holder for a friend, and this rabbit! Her cousin Matt made a little bunny. Maddie liked it so much she wanted to try it out. She cast on many more stitches and used some large needles. We think Flopsy is so cute!!

I have heard of growing pineapples here in Florida and have been wanting to do this for about a year, but was pretty busy the past year and never got around to it. Well, with the summer ebbing to a close, I decided it was time to get serious. I guess seeing everyone's gardens in Minnesota made me jealous enough to remember to buy a pot and a pineapple! Everyone has said you just cut the top off the pineapple, making sure there is just the green leafy part - no residual fruit - and put it in dirt. The experiment has begun!!
I also picked up two tomato plants and a basil plant!! Baby steps!

3 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

Cousin Bunners (Matt's creation) says hello to Flopsy and says "looking good!"

Maddie did a fab job knitting Flopsy!

Good luck with your pineapple. That is so cool!

Dennis said...

You mean you don't plant pineapple seeds? I wonder if it would work in MN. Pineapple requires iron in the soil so maybe you should stick a tire iron or something in the pot.
Nice bunny.

TeamCar said...

I am knitting needle challenged! lol.... That is totally cute.

Good luck with the pineapple! I wish I could eat it.. but I am highly allergic to that fruit! *sigh*