Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

So I started out with the dishcloth that says "Kiss Me" and has lips on it, even though in this picture you can't see it. I tried to take a bunch of pictures to where it would be visible. Just know that in real life, it is visible.
This little dishcloth was for a friend's birthday. Mom gave me the pattern long times ago, but I never tried it as it looked complicated. It wasn't too bad, but it did take some figuring. I started it thrice. I knit more than half of it at Morgan's All-County band concert which was very nice, other than the Baptist minister welcoming everyone and then making a plug for his church and pocketbooks. Looks like he is making a pretty penny over there! Anyway, I digress. The dishcloth really turned out cute and I love the pretty edge on it.
Here is Missie in her cute hat from Grandma. It was COLD here for a week and the kids wore their hats and everything. She looks so cute in it. Speaking on Maddie, when I came home from school yesterday, she was already home and out sitting on the front lawn waiting for a friend. She looked so cute just sitting out there in the yard.
The girls were helping with dinner last week and cut open this pepper and thought this was pretty ridiculous. They wanted to draw eyes on him then they figured he looked like he had his eyes closed. The teeth are pretty jagged, but he is intent on singing. We laugh every time we look at it!!
So last week was crazy. Maddie was sick on Monday and I stayed home. I wasted the whole day doing classwork for my on-line reading class. Makes me so mad. School was crazy. Between the full moon and Friday the 13th, it was the Twilight Zone! One of my students was caught peeing in a drinking fountain. He claims he was just joking and it wasn't his penis he had out, but his finger and he was just trying to get a laugh out of a friends. No one was laughing, especially not this young man who is suspended for a bit. Apparently he was sobbing and begging for his life in the office. Then I have one kid who has been skipping, threatening his mother, and is now working towards emancipation and is oft times stoned. Then I had my Principal's observation (which went well) but I had a kid ask a stupid question, something like, "How long after you die can you have a ghost, does it take a while?" Then, last but not least, I got this essay. I must include it here for your reading pleasure. This is a district assessment and all Juniors and seniors got the prompt about Oscar Wilde saying "everything popular is wrong" and they were to respond to that. This prompt was produced by the AP teachers who have never met my students down at the other end of the gene pool. This was what I got:

"I like cheese. Cheese is good. I don't know how the world could survive without cheeze. Oh cheezy goodness, Yum:) I luv cheese. (music note) Oh cheese you are so yummy. Your so delicious in my tummy. With your gooey ooey goodness, it makes a person sooo happy (happy face) YUM (music note) Cheese is made from cows. It first comes out as milk, then it is processed into deiocious cheese. YUMMY queso. Que Sabrosa! What would you do for a cheezy weel? Would you jump off a trampoline? By the way Cheese is a popular trend."
Help me, Lord.




5 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

You beat me to finishing the Kiss Me cloth. I am still a few lines away from being done.
The purpley white dishcloth is so cute!
And Missie is cute even without the hat (But the hat is a very chic accessory)
LOVE THE PEPPER!

Teenagers are dumb. But I totally would jump off a trampoline for a "cheezy weel."

Dennis said...

I'm surprised that you said it was COLD there. 40 is not cold, -20 is cold. I love the pepper - is it singing?

We could trade student stories. I had a mom confront me this week at the bus during which she repeated to me things I was supposed to have said to her son and that I make him wait to get off the bus until after all the "white" kids get off. I was so outraged that I could hardly speak. So I wrote a long report and as a result a camera is being installed on my bus (with audio).

Jenni said...

It was COLD - into the teens!!

mastubz said...

Jen, I sent you a Save the Date Evite fo Grandma H's birthday in Nov, and it hasn't been viewed yet. I am wondering if I have the wrong email.
The pepper is now one of my fav veggies! Love it!!

Jen said...

Love both the dish clothes. I can totally see the "Kiss Me" and the lips. Great job! Maddie looks darling in her diagonal stripey hat. I'd love one of those. The pepper is absolutely hilarious. That definitely needs to get printed for your kitchen or something.

Oh my, those are some stories about your students. I don't have any that compare except for the time I had a student hauled off by the police while in my study hall (thankfully, to never return). All I can say now is that I don't think I'll EVER drink from a high school water fountain again. That's ewww! I like cheese, too. But I don't think quite as much as the author.