Sunday, February 22, 2009

February Hi-lites

This is the first picture I've been able to get of Morgan up with the band. They had a "practice" concert with all the county bands before the big MPA where they get judged. Since it wasn't a real concert, I could go up front and stand on a chair and whey they stood up, I got a view of Morgan. She is short. She sits in the center, third row. We never see her play. But when they stood, I got a straight shot. She is actually shaking her head at me, which meant, "no, mom. Sit down." I like the picture!
Friday night, Morgan went to a Sweet 16 party. The birthday girl is in black and yellow. They got picked up in a Hummer limousine. it looked like it could seat about 30, but there were only about 10 in attendance. They went on a little scavenger hunt. She had a great time. Only girls at the party. They looked so nice.
Here is Rozzie at the Clay County Science Fair. She had a good time. She was interviewed 12 different times and she spoke clearly and loudly. I took the day off to spend it with her and it was worth it. I was able to knit a lot. I even took a nap. Roz woke me up and said, "You're sleeping." I replied, "I know. I can do that." I only snoozed for about 30 minutes. She is not going on to the state level, which is fine by us. She did very well.
Our violin teacher became a father for the 3rd time since we started up with him 8 1/2 years ago. He now has 3 girls - just like us!! Last week, I made a baby quilt. It is one of my favorite patterns, but it didn't turn out as effective as I hoped it would. It is very bright, just like I like! Made two quilt, actually. This was the leftovers. I decided the other one was too big and gave them the little on. As you can see, it isn't that little!! So, i have another quilt just like this one, only bigger. That thought makes me happy!
Now for last weeks' bathroom progress. Actually, this is what it looked like two weeks ago. I just took another picture, but it isn't down loaded. I'll post it another time. Travis has worked long and hard on this project and we are all a little tired of it.
Right now, I'm a little concerned about my job. Florida is suffering from radical budget cuts right now and every school will be affected. I'm a new teacher and so my future is questionable. I do not now when I'll know anything further. I have decided that I would like to keep my job and so we have decided to pray for that. If you feel so inclined, you may pray for that, also. (secretly, I'd love to be a stay-at-home-mom again but that would mean radical spending changes in the Smith household, but we'd be ok.)




3 comments:

Shoebox Princess said...

Thanks for posting pics! All very fun!

We will add you to our prayers!

Dennis said...

I hope things work out the way you wnt them to with your job. The girls look fabulous and the bathroom is coming along nicely.

Jen said...

Cue picture of Morgie "hiding" among her band members. Kind of like "Where's Waldo". What a fun idea for a scavenger hunt birthday party. I'm sure Morgie really enjoyed herself and looks forward to her own sweet 16.

Congrats to Roz for doing so well at the fair. She certainly has grown up to be lovely young lady.

We'll definitely keep you in our prayers. Good luck!