Saturday, August 10, 2013

Summer: Part 2

In which Travis finally gets the job in Detriot!!

That sums up the 2nd half of the summer.  I really don't have any pictures to post.  We got home from camp and Travis got the job and we started getting ready to move and go back to school.  Here are the finer points:

1.  Travis will move to Detroit in Novemberish.
2.  No, we don't know where he will live yet; however, I believe that something will happen and he will live somewhere.  We just haven't gotten there yet.
3.  Rozzie, Maddie, and I will stay here in Florida and finish the school year.
4.  I have started my last year of teaching.
5.  I will not teach up north as most places require a master's degree and either the bachelor's or master's needs to be in education.  I have neither.
6.  No, I do not want to go back to school
7.  Travis will have the GM account for CSX in Detroit and he is extremely happy about that.  So am I.
8.  The movers are coming on Monday and Tuesday of this coming week to pack up everything going to Detroit.  We figured this was the easiest way to declutter the house.
9.  The house will go on the market on August 16th.
10. We will then move to a local townhouse, or apartment, or something.  Whitey's, maybe?
11. Once Travis moves, he will fly down for a visit about every 2 weeks, depending on his schedule.
12. It will be ok.  We know many people who have done and still do this - with fewer visits.
13. Next year, the plan is to take Maddie to Minnesota, where she will attend Minnetonka High School.
14. Because it is closer to Detroit than Jacksonville.
15. We don't like the prospect of Detroit schools right now.
16. We are really excited for these changes.
17. I have my room and classes all set to go for next week - MY LAST YEAR TEACHING!!!
18. Rozzie starts her senior year on Tuesday.
19. Maddie is a sophomore and is really excited about moving to Minnesota next year.
20. She has researched the schools on her own!

That's about it.  It was a very long, busy week at school.  I feel ready for the year.  I am teaching a new class this year.  I have always had English IV, but they changed it to a College Readiness English class.    This means all new stuff for me.  Some will remain the same, but it is layered differently and will be taught differently.  I'm looking forward to it!!  I'm still teaching English III, and Design 1-2-3 (no level 4s this year).

Happy back to school!!

6 comments:

Laura Copeland said...

You have really thought through your plans. There are always so many details with kids. I truly hope and pray that everything works out for the best for your family. You always put the Lord and your family first, so I know that it will. I certainly know that you are one family that the Copelands will never forget!

TeamCar said...

I was texting Trav today asking him.. and I think I got your plans down in my brain! haha.. I feel your excitement! So fun... we pick up our registration packets tomorrow for Jane, and Thursday for Tyler. Ty will be going to Junior High this year. Sam.. 5th grade. Our last one in elementary school.

Love you!

Unknown said...

In case Maddie needs any more reason to be excited about going to Minnetonka next year; the girls swim team is ranked 7th nationally. :-) it certainly will be a big change. Congratulations Travis. Go Lions! Sounds weird.

Shoebox Princess said...

I hope all goes well with the packing up and transition. Good luck with your new job, Trav!

Dennis said...

I dislike moving intensly but I'm so glad for your family. I know everything will work out well and that you will all be happy in your new environments. Maybe Maddie can become a Skipperette just like her mom. Go Red Wings!

Jen said...

Some huge changes for you guys! It does seem surreal because I've always thought of you as Floridians. It's been weird seeing your empty house pictures on FB. Can't wait to be able to see you more often next year.