Monday, September 28, 2009

Spinning a Good Yarn

Remember this?
Yes, that is me on March 26, 2009. That was my 40th birthday. I celebrated with my family including, but no limited to, Mom, Sara, and Matt. They went on the wild chase to get this yarn that Travis had bought me. Isn't it pretty? Well, NOW LOOK AT IT!!
Ok, so it isn't so pretty on me, but the sweater is just beautiful. The camera picked up the different dye lots a lot more that you can actually tell. It also has some weird striping that isn't actually on the sweater. I am so happy with it. And, even more amazing is that it is done already. I never thought that would happen!! I'm half way through with the socks that match. Yep, that means one sock is done. it will be quite a set. I have two hanks of yard left and am considering a beret. Too much? Here is another view of the sweater without a body distorting its beautiful lines.
Here is a close up of the colors and buttons. I love it!! I worked on sewing all the pieces together at the yarn shop so Kathe could show me how and the ladies loved it; they liked it better than the one in the book. I really like the colors. It will go nice with the dark purple pants I got from Old Navy!!
To finish up the knitting news, here is half of Morgan's project. Half again means one sock. This one is supposed to be heel-less and toe-less. It is a yoga/dance sock. Morgan participates in neither of those activities, but she wanted to make them anyway. It is a good project to do before doing real socks. She is doing a great job with her knitting.

That is all I have today. Thanks for reading.

4 comments:

meg.. said...

Very nice. Job well done.

Shoebox Princess said...

The sweater turned out fabulous! And all those pairs of socks half done...you could just wear mismatched socks all the time and save some knitting time. That's what HAYLEY would do, darnit. It's not that she's into mismatched socks, it's that she's too darn lazy to try to find a match. Or she's such a bad clothing-putter-awayer that she loses half her socks. Grrr.

Anyway. again, fabulous knitting!

TeamCar said...

I love the sweater. I have tried to knit, however I fail.. miserably! lol... You look GREAT in the sweater. I love the little floral buttons on it too.. the colors are SO fallish.

Morgan's "yoga socks" are VERY cool. : )

Fouquette Racing said...

I LOVE the sweater! Nicely done and it looks like an item that will get a lot of wear. I have been sucked into Entrelac so it will be a long time before I have a finished project!